April 20, 2010 Agenda Packet
1) Meeting call to order by Mayor Costello.
2) Invocation by Cantor Zev Sonnenstein, Temple Beth-El.
3) Pledge of Allegiance.
A) Certificate of "Achievement of Civic Excellence" presented to Caroline Herbster, Ormond Beach Middle School, and Nelson Taylor, Hinson Middle School.
B) Introduction to the City's new website.
5) AUDIENCE REMARKS
6) APPROVAL OF THE MINUTES
of the April 6, 2010, meeting.
7) CONSENT AGENDA: The action proposed is stated for each item on the Consent Agenda. Unless a City Commissioner removes an item from the Consent Agenda, no discussion on individual items will occur and a single motion will approve all items.
A) Resolution No. 2010-47 authorizing the execution of a quitclaim deed in favor of Michael Yusko and Barbara A. Yusko, releasing a portion of a ten-foot utility easement located on Lot 45, Creekside Planned Residential Development.
B) Resolution No. 2010-48 authorizing the execution of a quitclaim deed in favor of Myco Builders, LLC, releasing a portion of a ten-foot utility easement located on Lots 43, 60 and 62, Creekside Planned Residential Development.
C) Resolution No. 2010-49 authorizing the execution of a satisfaction of a Community Development Block Grant Impact Fee Lien for property located at 279 Jefferson Street, Ormond Beach, Volusia County, Florida.
D) Resolution No. 2010-50 authorizing the execution of a release and satisfaction of a Special Master Administrative Fine/Lien for code violations on property located at 253 Grove Street (Parcel ID 4222-09-06-0080), Ormond Beach, Volusia County, Florida.
E) Resolution No. 2010-51 accepting staff’s recommendation regarding aircraft noise at the Ormond Beach Municipal Airport; authorizing the implementation of recommended strategies.
F) Budget results for the FY 2008-09 General Fund and Water/Wastewater Fund.
DISPOSITION: Approve as recommended in City Manager memorandum dated April 15, 2010.
8) PUBLIC HEARING: Resolution No. 2010-52 authorizing the execution of a Nonexclusive Franchise Agreement between the City and Southeast Container Services, Inc., regarding the collection of construction and demolition debris.
9) SECOND READING OF ORDINANCES:
A) Garage sale permits:
1) Ordinance No. 2010-25 amending Chapter 2, District and General Regulations, Article III, General Regulations, Section 2-50, Accessory Uses, of the Land Development Code by amending Paragraph P, Garage Sales, providing for an additional annual garage sale at no cost to the citizens, and clarifying the process for holding a garage sale.
2) Ordinance No. 2010-26 amending Chapter 8, Building and Construction Regulations, Article I, In General, of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Ormond Beach; by amending Section 8-10, Application Processing Fees, Paragraph G, Miscellaneous, Subparagraph 5, Garage or Yard Sales, to provide for a third event at no cost to the citizens.
B) Ordinance No. 2010-27 amending Chapter 14 of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Ormond Beach, Florida, by creating Article V, titled “Abandoned Real Property”; providing for purpose and intent; providing definitions; providing for notification procedures; providing for the registration of abandoned real property by mortgagees; requiring mortgagees to inspect and maintain abandoned real property; providing for enforcement and penalties.
10) FIRST READING OF ORDINANCE: No. 2010-28 relative to the office of Mayor and City Commissioner, providing for and calling a Regular Election of the registered electors of the City of Ormond Beach to be held on November 2, 2010; providing for qualifying and election procedures; establishing a date for taking office; designating the location of polling places. (City Clerk)
11) DISCUSSION ITEM: Administrative costs for code enforcement liens.
12) REPORTS, SUGGESTIONS, REQUESTS:
Mayor, city Commission, City Manager, City Attorney.
13) CLOSE THE MEETING.